Senior Information Technology Project Manager - (12 Month Register)
WHAT IS THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGYDIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
Vacancies will be filled in the following specialty areas:
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If this vacancy includes more than one grade and you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Directs the identification of customers' information system requirements by the IT team. Ensures the determination of appropriate products or services for the development of project scope, requirements, and deliverables.
- Develops, modifies and reviews the IT sections of project plans. Recommends acceptance or rejection of plans developed by contractor.
- Works with high-level program and project official(s) within and outside IT, IRS, and Treasury organizations to develop the overall project and to identify mission-related work and/or how it may impact other agencies.
- Sets short or long-range project(s) work plans and schedules either in-service and/or via contracted work.
- Directs the implementation of project plans to meet objectives and manages project resources.
- Directs the implementation of Treasury and government-wide IT project initiatives as needed, i.e. annual updates to Dashboard Metrics; targeted oversight reviews of project status; and Congressional oversight reports.
- Directs and monitors integration activities performed by IRS and contractor/vendor technical staff. Identifies and documents integration issues, risks, and gaps.