Web Strategist '12 Month Roster'
WHAT IS THE OFFICE OF ONLINE SERVICES DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
Vacancies will be filled in the following specialty areas:
OFFICE OF ONLINE SERVICES
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If this vacancy includes more than one grade and you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Bring web projects from conception to launch by combining marketing and project management skills, along with web content, architecture, and usability management.
- Manage digital projects through their full life cycle, including project proposal, scope definition, research, recommendation of approach, and final implementation.
- Direct the development of web-based solutions that communicate the Agency's missions and initiatives to the public.
- Identify needs and opportunities to improve customer experience and introduce new concepts, processes and strategies that significantly improve the way the IRS uses digital technologies.
- Consult with appropriate experts in web development to present Agency information online in the most effective, factual, and user-friendly manner.
- Build, edit, and publish web pages, content blocks, and multimedia components using a web- based content management system, such as Drupal, as needed.
- Use analytical and evaluative techniques to review and analyze site analytics and other metrics, such as Google Analytics, ForeSee and Optimal Suite, to uncover trends, preferences and information that can be used to improve the public's online experience.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National and provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. (Birth certificate showing birth in the U.S; Unexpired U.S. Passport; Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization; or Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S. Citizen (Form FS-240))
- Undergo a review of prior performance/conduct and an income tax verification. Refer to "Get Your Tax Record" at http://www.irs.gov/(https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript) to check the status of your account, balance owed, payment history, make a payment, or review answers to tax questions. If you are not in compliance, you will be determined unsuitable for employment with IRS.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, including a FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S. These documents must be unexpired original or certified copies.
Federal experience is not required. The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: GS-13
To be minimally qualified for this position you must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Using analytical and evaluative methods to analyze facts, draw conclusions, and recommend solutions to problems that often apply to websites and initiatives with multiple stakeholders. Experience developing, implementing and managing enterprise-wide digital technology plans and programs, including managing web development and design, editorial, information architecture, data transparency, social media and digital technologies in order to present Agency information to the public. Experience consulting, evaluating and making recommendations to improve the use of digital technology. Experience with project management principles and processes and the ability to coordinate effectively with partners from other areas of expertise in order to present Agency information online in the most effective, factual, and user-friendly manner. Experience with emerging media and digital policies, products and technologies and their use in order to improve digital customer experience. Experience with online trends, design, user experience and technology concepts and principles to bring web projects from conception to launch. Experience with plain language standards, editorial techniques and web communication principals to write and edit complex topics for the general public to consume on a digital platform. Experience with oral and written communication techniques to articulate findings, prepare reports and make recommendations to management, to effectively communicate proposals to partners across the organization.
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: You may qualify by a combination of experience and education. Options for qualifying based on a combination will be identified in the online questions.
For more information on qualifications please refer to OPM's Qualifications Standards.
For positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying for this position by substituting education or training for experience, submit a copy of your transcripts or equivalent. An official transcript will be required if you are selected.
A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to Department of Education Accreditation page.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click here for Foreign Education Credentialing instructions.