The incumbent also administers multiple Linux and other Windows database servers, provides information, reports, and support for user needs, and serves as a primary backup to the senior Linux Systems Administrator. Specialized training is available in support of federal judiciary systems. The incumbent is a project manager and ensures projects are completed on time, on budget, and to the satisfaction of stakeholders. The incumbent also provides technical recommendations to court management.
- Serve as technical administrator for CM/ECF by supporting and maintaining all associated Informix database systems. Provide technical support for this judiciary database application and all locally developed or customized adaptions interfacing with or running in the Linux operating environment. Assist with testing and applying new releases, and operating system or security updates.
- Analyze and develop Linux shell scripts with embedded SQL to extract information from system databases which could be used for special reports.
- Monitor systems and evaluate availabilities of all server resources and respond promptly to resolve any unexpected issues.
- Assist with ensuring storage, archiving, backups, and recovery procedures are functioning correctly. Perform backups, file replication, and script management for servers. Test backup and recovery procedures.
- Administer and support other national and local MS Windows based database systems in a similar fashion and use technologies like Active Directory and ColdFusion.
- Confer with technical staff and end users to provide advice and guidance on current and future technologies, the capabilities and limitations of court systems, enhancements to the systems, and the automation of manual court processes.
- Create and maintain data dictionaries, develop custom reports, perform routine and validation testing, and develop system documentation.
- Implement both short- and long-range improvements to court systems, ensuring that modifications are completed with minimal disruptions, with advanced communications, on-time, and within budget. When needed, provide input to budget formulation on technical components and resource requirements.
- Implement court IT security policies and procedures and assist the IT security officer in reviewing related documentation.
- Provide documented instruction and training on use and support of systems and applications.
- Respond promptly to inquiries or requests by judges, courts staff, attorneys, and outside constituents.
- Maintain contact with other information technology court personnel at different locations and levels for the purpose of remaining knowledgeable of developments, techniques, and user programs. Represent the court for judiciary-wide initiatives, meetings, and conferences.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, or required.